Creative and Collaborative? We’re looking for an experienced writer/ACD to act as Creative Lead for one our largest accounts.
Avenue is a strategic marketing agency that helps business-to-business companies launch new products and services, and rethink directions for their established brands. Based in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, our team-based environment places a strong emphasis on creative collaboration.
We have an immediate need for a seasoned ACD to own creative development and execution for one of Avenue’s largest accounts. In this role you’ll lead a team of creatives on an eclectic lineup of initiatives that vary from brand-building campaigns to product launches to event promotions to iPad sales tool development.
We’re calling on talented writers adept at solving business and communication challenges with unbridled creativity. The best person for this job likes to get deeply involved in a brand and the full lifecycle of development, built around strong strategic thinking. Avenue hires instigators: passionate, curious people who are engaged in the world and their work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Understanding the client’s business environment, goals and challenges, and voice and brand
- Contributing to project strategy and long-term client vision
- Acting as the creative face of the account to the client, including direct communication and collaboration with the client at times
- Leading and managing the creative team in the planning, brainstorming, collaboration, creative reviews and creative development of myriad integrated marketing projects (traditional and digital)
- Act as the “creative thread” between multiple projects to ensure work is on brand and on strategy
- Owning/developing concepts and creative executions to suit the client’s business and communication objectives
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with the account team
- Working within an established brand to create exceptional design for online, print and presentation projects
- Participating in writing creative briefs
- Keeping abreast of technology developments
- Leading and mentoring junior creative staff
- Presenting concept and design work to internal audience and clients
We’re looking for at least seven years of experience, primarily in corporate and/or business-to-business communications.
What’s it like to work here?
- Passionate coworkers and a collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary
- 401k with matching
- Health insurance
- Delicious coffee, free lunch Friday, and regular gatherings at Magical Friendship Island
- Great coworkers
- Awesome workspace
How To apply:
Send an email to with a subject line that includes the words “Creative Lead” and include:
- Tell us why you would be a good fit at Avenue
- Salary expectations