Avenue is a strategic brand and marketing firm that helps business-to-business companies launch new products and services, and rethink directions for their established brands. Based in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, our team-based environment places a strong emphasis on creative collaboration.
We have an immediate need for a versatile and hands-on Project Manager to keep our varied projects moving smoothly through the discovery, strategy, creative and production processes.
This position might be right for you if you are naturally process oriented, organized in every way, and technically adept at print and online production process. (Juggling skills wouldn’t hurt you, either.) The perfect candidate is a direct and diplomatic communicator, curious, helpful, engaged, flexible, but not afraid to say no when it is the appropriate response.
We are looking for five years of experience in a creative environment (digital and print); additional experience in a consulting environment where the deliverables are workshops, ideas, plans and decks is a plus. We are looking for no fewer than two years of experience in a position very similar to this. Your title in this role may have been: Production Coordinator, Production Manager, Resourcing Manager, Studio Manager, Traffic Manager, or Creative Services Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the account and management team to develop accurate work estimates and timelines for strategy and implementation projects
- Maintain current resourcing data, financial budgets, project schedules and assignments in company’s project and financial management system (Workamajig)
- Keep work flowing past potential bottlenecks
- Research, secure and monitor outside resources
- Track and communicate project scheduling and costs vs. budget
- Quality control management: ensure materials have been properly reviewed and perfectly produced prior to release
- Track and report on company metrics such as billable efficiency and project actuals to budget
- Facilitate consistent use of and training on existing Avenue project tools, templates, checklists and forms. Also, identity the need for additional tools, then resource and manage their production and implementation
- Manage the scheduling, resourcing and development of Avenue learning modules; (PPT presentations, videos, audio or Camtasia-based instruction / training, etc.)
- Avenue is often charting new and unknown territory: identify new process and learning opportunities within the project life-cycle to help determine best practices, and document for future learning modules and training
- Initiate and facilitate post-mortem reviews of campaigns, projects or project phases as needed
- Identify common themes or learnings in post-mortem reviews for use in process development
- Communicate project status and updates to internal teams
- Manage all project communication, schedules, assignments, and files through the appropriate systems, including Workamajig, Basecamp and OmniPlan
- Provide clear and concise meeting notes for the project team
- Competitive salary
- 401k with matching
- Excellent health insurance
- Delicious coffee, free lunch Friday, yoga Wednesday, Action Hero Awards, a celebration for every holiday that counts, abundant snack drawer, all the bananas you can eat, and regular gatherings at magical friendship island
- Enthusiastic and friendly coworkers who are committed to doing great work
- Awesome workspace
How To apply:
Send an email to with a subject line that includes the words “Project Manager” and include:
- Tell us why you would be a good fit at Avenue
- Salary history or expectations